The KIIKENOMAGA KIKENJIGEWEN Employment and Training Services, KKETS Adult Education Program (KAEP) is a one-of-a-kind education training program. It is a program specially designed for Matawa First Nation community members. This adult education program helps students to get their high school diploma and the academic credits they need to pursue college, university or skilled trades training.
Our program supports students both inside and outside the classroom. Therefore it is specific to individual learning styles, cultural, and emotional needs.
Furthermore, as a Matawa Member, KAEP can help you get the confidence and skills you need to succeed. As a result, you can expect a stress-free transition from education to training and to employment. Above all, you will be led to a career that is right for you.
The KKETS Adult Education Program will provide:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Employment readiness training
- Life skills training
- Basic employment certifications (First Aid, WHMIS, etc.)
- Connections to further your post-secondary education, specialized training and/or employment goals
KAEP participants are provided with full wraparound team supports including:
- Academic supports
- Transition, emotional, social and cultural supports
- On-site Elder